Pages

Wednesday 18 December 2013

Making




Along side teaching yoga I am an artist, print making and photography being my primary means of expression...although i'll try my hand at most things, ceramics is my current obsession!

The disciplines I have trained in and favor always involve lengthy processes (I think I like the process of making more then the final product!) and it is the repetitive functional movements involved in the making that keeps me present in what i'm doing. The print making and ceramics particularly require strength, an intelligent use of the body and ease-full breath to get the job done.  When it dawned on me that the physicality of the body was such a large component of what I do I became really interested in the different ways we train the body for tasks like this. I love watching musicians and artists of all kinds work. I find the movement patterns fascinating.

Print of my Grandma and polaroid's taken in Iceland and Norway.
See more work here and my inspirations here

2 comments: