Pages

Friday 17 October 2014

women in clothes


Sheila Heti, Heidi Julavits and Leanne Shapton have created a book entitled Women in Clothes, which is about women’s relationship to style and why women wear what they wear. For the book, Gus Powell photographed Zosia Mamet reenacting memorable fashion poses that Shapton pulled from magazines.

I'm really enjoying this book!
I love dressing up, but clearing out my wardrobe this week got me thinking...for someone so interested in 'moving well' I have an awful lot of stuff that restricts natural movment, from shoes to skirts to bras!
I'm now weeding out the stuff that makes me move more like a robot then a human being.
Except for the gold shoes with a mini disco balls on the heel that I can't walk in (taxi shoes!) they are staying...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment