Pages

Tuesday 12 August 2014

Summertime

I am taking a break for the rest of the summer so won't be posting for some time, but I will be back in with all manor of inspiring things i've found, heard and made come September.

In the mean time I leave you with some things that caught my attention this week... a poem, a picture and some beautiful music...



thing-searcher

‘I don’t know what you’ve got in mind,’ said Pippi, ‘but I’m not the sort to lie around. I’m a thing-searcher, you see. And that means I never have a moment to spare.’
‘What did you say you were?’ asked Annika.
‘A thing-searcher.’
‘What’s that?’ asked Tommy.
‘Someone who goes searching for things, of course! What else would it be?’ said Pippi as she swept all the flour into a little pile. ‘The whole world is full of things, which means there’s a real need for someone to go searching for them. And that’s exactly what a thing-searcher does.’
‘What kind of things?’ asked Annika.
‘Oh, all kinds,’ said Pippi. ‘Gold nuggets and ostrich feathers and dead mice and tiny little nuts and bolts and things like that.’

--Astrid Lindgren, Pippi Longstocking. Recalled to mind thanks to things magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment