Pages

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Hello Again

Greetings to you, oh cultured individual of great taste and elegance, 'tis me with details of my Autumn goings-on...

Goodness gracious me, I've been gone a long time, my holiday was bliss; time stood still, I made pots, spent time alone, got the wrong train back from the coast, visited inspiring places, went swimming everyday, forgot my passport in a hotel room, bought some fake gemstones from a dude who's sole job seemed to be to get tourists high (fun times) and now I'm heading back to London where I intend to put on the greatest yoga classes, retreats, workshops and courses ever staged since the last lot of greatest things I ever staged. Jokes.
 
So, without further ado, here is a list of things you might like to come and do...


***********
******* Workshop *******
***********
"It’s a basic act of humanity, of movement, of utility. To squat is to be."

The three most prevalent human positions:

1. Lying down (LOVE this one)
2. Standing
3. Squatting

Do you do the third one?

Well dammit friend, you should.
Squatting is a primal pattern. Basic and important and being able to practice it with ease will fill your body (and heart) with goodness.
And what do you know, I can help you! In just a few brief days - 13/09/2014 -  I'll be teaching a workshop at The Sunflower Centre about rehabing resting squat related functions.

We will:
• prepare and mobilise the spine, hips, ankles and knees and many different muscle groups along the way
• work on various limiting factors so that you leave the workshop with individual things to work on (and a challenge to keep squatting part of your day.)
• play with some of the asana that evolve beautifully from a resting squat

Where?

The Sunflower Centre
81 Tressillian Rd, London SE4 1XZ
When?
Saturday 13th September 2014, 14:30 - 16:30

Who?
EVERYONE is welcome and it will be an intimate affair, 8 spaces only!

What do you want from me?
£25, and picture of your favorite pet.

If I've caught your interest and you would like to join me to see what all the fuss is about click send me an email to book.

If you can't make it, but would still like to know what all the fuss is about then click HERE for an informative read.
********
**
** ReTREATS! ****
********
"Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting."
--William Shakespeare, Henry V.


If you are in need of some TLC then I (and Willy S) highly recommend booking yourself onto a  WellbeingYogi weekend retreat with me and AdventureYogi.

I have two more for you to chose from this year...
What you waiting for?!
WHEN and Where?
Friday 19th-22nd September in East Sussex.
Friday 7-9th November in Oxfordshire.

WHY?
detailed explanation:
www.rachel-and-yoga.com/news

 
***********
******* Of COURSE! *******
***********
“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” ― Shunryu Suzuki

I am pleased to announce that I will be teaching another two small group beginners courses at Triyoga Chelsea. If you, or someone you know/like/love, is interested in inspiring your/their beginners mind with the beautiful basics of this stretchy art then purchase some lycra and click here.

The course is limited to 10 people, so one-to-one attention will be plentiful, and will cost 85 of your hard earned pound pieces. I can think of much worse ways to spend that money.  Oh and that price includes 50% off a 5 class pass, worth £32.50. It's a win win.
WHERE
Triyoga Chelsea
372 king’s road, London, SW3 5UZ
020 7483 3344

WHEN
Saturday 27th September - Saturday 18th October
14:45 to 15:45
or
Saturday 22nd November - Saturday 13th December
14:45 - 15:45

WHY
Because why not?!
Or, if you would prefer a more intelligent answer, then feel free to drop me an email.



***********
******* Recommendation *******
***********
If you find yourself North of the M25 this Autumn, specifically in Manchester or Bradford, then I highly recommend going to see No Guts, No Heart, No Glory by Bradford based Common Wealth Theatre. It is a site-specific performance event staged in a boxing gym, based on interviews with Muslim Female Boxers which explores being young, fearless and doing the unexpected. Common Wealth have been working closely with five 16-22 year old Muslim women and former National Champion Ambreen Sadiq to devise the show to make sure it represents a young Muslim female experience.

A story anchored in movement to help young people feel braver, to live how they want to live, so that they are free and confident to make their own choices tomorrow. A truly beautiful thing.

***********
Could there be more? Yes there bloody is, but I just ran out of juice and time. If you would like to find out more go to my website and click on the button which says <<please tell me more and put ten quid into my bank account, here are the details>>

Failing that read all about everything on my facebook events page. Also, I'm told,  that you may wish to click these ridiculous corporate buttons...

Like
Like
Follow
Follow

You have an incredible attention span if you got this far, I lost focus after 'Squatting is a primal pattern',  so THANK YOU my friend and enjoy the rest of your day. I leave you with this; a picture of summer and a quote to help you on your way...

Love,
Rachel 





  






























 "When you go out into the woods and you look at trees, you see all these different trees. And some of them are bent, and some of them are straight, and some of them are evergreens, and some of them are whatever. And you look at the tree and you allow it. You appreciate it. You see why it is the way it is. You sort of understand that it didn’t get enough light, and so it turned that way. And you don’t get all emotional about it. You just allow it. You appreciate the tree. The minute you get near humans, you lose all that. And you are constantly saying ‘You’re too this, or I’m too this.’ That judging mind comes in. And so I practice turning people into trees. Which means appreciating them just the way they are."

-- Ram Dass

No comments:

Post a Comment